Look What I Can Do
Okay, so we all know that the greatest pie maker ever is Shelly. She really does make the most beautiful, most delicious and most amazing pies ever! The only problem is that I don't live near Shelly any more. So, when I was craving one of her amazing pies and couldn't get any I had to do the next best thing, try to make one myself.
I had a bunch of blueberries (because that is all I eat it seems), a recipe, and Juliet to help me out. We had a bit of a problem when it came to putting the crust on top (and bottom for that matter) and then realized, when we were about to put it in the oven, that we had forgotten to put the butter on top of the fruit before putting the crust on. We died laughing as we cut the crust open and inserted the slices of butter. Our pie looked horrible, but with a little corrective surgery I think it came out looking pretty good. It tasted great to, which I guess is the important part right!?!
5 comments:
That does look delish! Nice job.
Beautiful! Your crust looks delicious!
Sarah, I can believe it. After the way you took to making all the fun and tasty food while here in Boise, should have known there were bigger things on the horizon. It really does look great.
Love ya, Marmie
Okay, I am jealous. Not only can I not make pies, but I had to look at yummy pictures of one and not get to eat it, lol!
I'll take that a la mode!
Post a Comment