Monday, July 30, 2007

Kuna Cave

This past weekend I took Kaitlin and went with a bunch of people from my branch out to Kuna Cave to play glow in the dark hide and seek. We bought a bunch of glow sticks (everyone brought about 5) and when we got into a good spot in the cave we cut them open and splattered it all over the walls, floors, ceiling and ourselves. It was so much fun and there were so many people. It was crazy to see everyone standing in the middle of the cave and then someone would start counting and they would all disappear into the walls. We blended into the walls and the floor so well that one of the guys in our group hid on the ground and was so well blended that he got tripped over! I wasn't very smart about taking pictures so I don't have a picture of the whole group but there is one out there somewhere. I will have to track it down and post it some other time. For now you can see just how dirty Kaitlin and I got. Our hands were so gross and we both ended up with glass in our hands from the broken glow sticks that were all over the cave. We had a total blast though!

4 comments:

Kenley said...

Looks like fun! Wish we could have been there! love Kristin and Kenley

ej said...

That did sound like fun- very unique idea. Is there really glass in those glow sticks? That doesn't sound so kid safe...Hopefully our kids won't bust them open though...

Anonymous said...

And then you left the glow sticks laying every where. My brother and I spent 3 hours picking up trash after people (including MANY MANY glow sticks that had been broken open). Please don't ruin the caves any more than they already have been. These things are thousands of years old and we need to respect that fact.

Anonymous said...

i was amazed at your blithe comment about trashing the kuna cave! please be more careful next time you visit! we like our cave and would like to keep it in good shape!