Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Where's Ty?


Okay, so here you can see the finished house for the family in Middleton. We all went up last night to volunteer for the later shift and when we got there we were turned away. We had signed up and everything but they were so ahead of schedule that they didn't have anything for us to do. So, we went up as spectators just to see the house and to see if we could get a little glimpse of Ty Pennington. We sat on the bus for a while because they were filming the big bus driving up and down the street. When we got out we were pleasantly surprised to see the finished house. I absolutely love the porch! A bunch of people around us kept yelling Ty's name and Kaitlin and Ryan were getting really embarrassed! It was funny to watch! Someone came out and told us that Ty was shooting and we probably wouldn't see him tonight. So, we boarded the bus and headed back into downtown Middleton (it is really funny to say that seeing how Middleton is so tiny!).
These are our sad faces because we didn't get to volunteer or see Ty!
We decided that it was way to early to head back home, so we went in and checked out the Hoe Down (I'm not kidding that's what they called it!) that they were having to raise money for the family. We walked in and Paige Davis and Eduardo were on the stage. We worked our way up to the front, snuck around a huge speaker and got in to get our pictures with them. I have no idea how we got past security seeing how they had a pretty big crowd roped off from getting back to see them. We were right up next to them and were back there for a good long while before we were asked to leave. Kaitlin and I both left thinking we for sure need a guy who is the same size as Eduardo! We could wear all the heels we wanted! He was so tall!
Sarah, Eduardo and Kaitlin
(I know, I know, I have a mullet! I am getting my hair cut tomorrow!)

Kaitlin, Paige, Sarah and Sheila

Jacquie, Paige and Sheila
After taking our pictures we decided to head back out to the volunteer check in to see if they might need us again. We got up there and it was completely cleared out! We talked to this little security guard who told us that they didn't need any more volunteers. So we started trying to work it out with him so that we could get up to the house and walk through it. I even offered him a ride up there with us so he could wave us through. He took a few steps forward and we thought he was really going to jump in! Who wouldn't want to jump in with 4 hot girls? He told us that he could radio ahead so that we could go up and see the house but he couldn't get us in. :( He also told us that Ty was in Oregon shooting another House and would be flying back in the following day! He even confirmed that the design team doesn't really do anything. They are just the face of the show. Ty doesn't even have a real secret room! Oh well, we had fun running around and mingling with minor celebrities for a night!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Sarah! What an adventure. You just made a "B-line" for those celebrities and we were in! How do you do that? Oh by the way...Jose's son's neighbor says hello!

Sheila said...

Oh and by the way...it was a "Hoe Down" not a Ho down". (or was it?)Ha! Ha!

Sarah said...

Oops! It is now fixed although a Ho Down is a lot more funny isn't it!

shellydinger said...

That is something Imus would say if he were a cop "Ho down! I need backup" (i couldn't resist)

ej said...

Okay, Eguardo is tall drink of water, holy hottie!!! And I had heard that about Ty esp. that he was only there to tape his pretend projects and then was outta there...ahh the illusion of television.

Anonymous said...

So did you get Eguardo's number? I think that you should have this picture as you screen saver....so dreamy!

Anonymous said...

Ho down....I just got it HAHA!

amber dawn said...

I can see Sarah googling right now how to get a hold of Jose's son's neighbor so she can get a job and use her magic on Eguardo!