
So, Mom and Dad are in the process of beautifying their yard and in the process needed help getting rid of what will now be referred to as The Beast! The Beast has been living in our yard for a few years now. It is a totally over grown honey suckle plant that smelt so good during the summer months. It smelt amazing...it's look was amazing as well...in the not so good way. Mom and I thought it would be quick and not too terrible but we were dead wrong! The pictures that follow are when we were half way through.

This is a close up of all the ash (it was right in front of the fire place) It was so gross...it was sopping wet and all of the branches were twisted around each other which made an even bigger mess.

Don't be fooled by the smile on my face...mom and I were laughing out of disbelief at how nasty it was and the fact that the two of us were doing it. Women would never have to do this kind of work if I ruled the world!

I found the rope that use to tie it up to the house and just started pulling as hard as I could. By the time I was done I had pulled The Beast all the way to the fence. It helped to get it untangled at least a little.

This is our 14 bags full of the Beasts remains. It looks like day in the picture but it was not. It was 10:30 p.m.! Mom and I drug all the bags to the front with the help of the wheelbarrow and then took turn taking rides in it on the way back to get more. That part made it all worth while for me!

Mom posing with all our bags!
4 comments:
I can't believe how dense it was!! Just picturing you and mom in the wheelbarrow is so funny! Nice work.
That is why I am living in a high rise condo....
I cannot believe those pictures! That is certainly not ideal work for women in my mind- so I am even more impressed! I can't believe how many bags it took to take away the 'Beast'...unbelievable.
Congrats on taming "The Beast!" Where's the wheelbarrow picture? I know what Cindy looks like on a little motorcycle! Where is that picture?...
Post a Comment