Monday, May 14, 2007

One Crazy Friday Night!

Last Friday was about the weirdest night of my life I think...Could have been Kaitlin's to. So last Friday was a big institute closing social thing and I really didn't want to go by myself, so I called up Kaitlin and got her to come with me. We headed out there, got something to eat...mingled with some people and then had to leave to meet some other girls at Red Robin. Why we were going to Red Robin right after we ate I have no idea. Anyway, on the way to Red Robin Kaitlin and I decided we wanted to do something we don't normally do on our usual Friday nights so we came up with this brilliant plan to go to the hot springs. We called and got directions and talked the girls at Red Robin into going back to the institute thing. We followed the girls back to the institute thing to see if it had picked up at all and BIG SURPRISE it had not. As we were getting ready to leave this guy Mike who Kaitlin and I both work with came running over. To shorten this up a bit...we walked away to our car freaking out because Mike was now coming with us to the hot springs. We frantically tried to find other people to go with us but were ultimately unsuccessful. This is where the night got a little crazy! So, we all pile into the car and head out to the hot springs which was a bit of a drive. We lost our radio stations so we turned it off and began asking and answering questions. We knew Mike was a little weird to begin with but we had no idea just how weird until he started to tell his scariest moment. He talked for pretty much the entire drive which was close to an hour! He told us all about how him and a bunch of his friends got lost at the sand dunes. The only way they were able to get out was because they had this new convert guy with them. They all prayed and Mike KNEW that they were suppose to have the new convert spin in a circle with his eyes closed and where ever he stopped was the direction they would go. Then later in the story he talked about how they just knew that they were being hunted by some evil presence but if the convert was with them they would be okay. This story seriously went on and on and on I was extremely jealous of Kaitlin whose head kept falling forward...she couldn't stay awake. Anyway, we finally arrived and parked to begin our night hike to the hot springs. Kaitlin of course says the totally wrong thing as we are getting out of the car and totally freaks the both of us out. She just happened to mention how some girl had gotten scalped out there somewhere. The two of us laughed about it but I think Mike got the idea in his head that he had to be our protector. We started Hiking up this really pretty steep mountain and when we got to the top...right where the hot springs were Mike stops us and says..."We aren't going any further!" Kaitlin and I were both shocked and a little confused. He went on to tell us that he had a bad feeling about it and that we could proceed no further. After talking to him about it for a few minutes trying to convince him to keep going seeing how we were all the way at the top we realized that there was no budging him. So, we turned around and headed back down. It was so funny though because Kaitlyn was behind me and I kept turning around to find that she had so gracefully slid down to a sitting position. She really did it about 3 or 4 times before we got to the bottom. Here are a few pictures of how dirty Kaitlin got her pants from all the sliding she did.

We got back in the car and headed back home where again Mike talked the majority of the time. This time however he told us really crazy stuff that I would rather not repeat because it will freak everyone right out. Kaitlin and I were dieing and were so glad when we pulled back into town. We got back to the house and quickly went up stairs and went to bed. It was a completely crazy night but, we accomplished our "let's do something we normally wouldn't!" It was a great little night hike and Kaitlin and I had a good time laughing about the whole thing later. (sorry this turned into a novel! Also, please forgive the retarded faces I am making in every picture!)

3 comments:

rachel garber said...

See....I knew I should have stayed home on Friday night! It worked out because I would have never walked around in the dark, especially with Mike! Good grief. I also looked at all the kitty pictures even though I don't like cats AND what did you give your mom for Mother's Day? I registered mine for the 1/2 Marathon...how sweet of me :) Remember two years ago how we got our moms that great dish stuff from Florence? That was grand.

shellydinger said...

I'm sorry he is such a weirdo. He looks like a normal cool guy - kudos to the impressive facial hair... But I'm glad he is so weird. If you liked him you would end up being a very young widow.

ej said...

I totally just neglected my children while reading this-it was so worth it! I kept thinking the next picture would be you 3 in the car and him in the back weilding a big ol butcher knife reeee-reeee-reeee! You guys need an exit strategy next time Wolverine-wanna-be wants to 'hang out'!