Monday, August 31, 2009

Date Night in the North End


Have you ever heard of Professional Administrative day? Well, there is such a thing and it is celebrated in our office each year with a gift card to some great restaurant. This year I was thrilled to receive a $75 gift card for a great restaurant in the North End called Trattoria Il Panino. With a new hair cut and St. Anthony's feast going on, this weekend proved to be the perfect time to go.

Despite the rain and really cold weather (seriously, it felt like it could snow) we were able to sit outside. The area was covered and heated and the atmosphere was perfect. We were served bottled water in wine glasses and I couldn't have been happier. I absolutely love drinking out of cool glasses.

We started with Calamari which interestingly enough came in a brown paper bag on a long white plate. Kind of crazy presentation, but really, really good.


After looking at the menu for quite some time we finally made our decisions. I went with the Lobster Ravioli . . .


. . . and Matt decided on the Veal. To say we were not disappointed is a serious understatement. The food was delicious!



We had a bit of an awkward moment while we waited for our check though. Our waiter came by after picking up our plates and dropped off two little yellow cups.



Not knowing what they were, we flagged down our waiter to ask. He probably thought we were crazy as he explained that it was lemon sorbet, compliments of the house. How cool is that!


After dinner as we walked out and onto Hanover Street, I heard a familiar sound. There was a band parading down the street, playing one of my favorite songs.



We finished off the night with a Cannoli from Mike's pastry and an episode of Psych. It was Perfect!

7 comments:

ej said...

I'm not sure I can handle all of the pictures of DELICIOUS looking American food, wah for me! :) It looks like it was a nice date, cute hair cut!

rachel garber said...

Dude, I'd kill for a date that great. I love that you guys get cold outside and we have misters on our patio seating to keep us cool! (I think the sushi place does have heaters for the "fall/winter" time but most of us just wear long sleeve t-shirts then :) ). Too cute!

Mandy said...

Ok, everything about that night seem great! Great hair, great food, great company...you lucky girl!

Tara Johnson said...

Girl you just rock that hair cut! I love it!

Anonymous said...

for my admin professional day my boss got a great idea that he should take me out to lunch himself.
i'm like YAY. THAT'S gonna be a treat. we were being seated by the waitress when my boss asked her "where should we sit - across from each other or next to each other" and she was like "depends on how close you are"
awkward!!

sarah - make jana come visit you and make her invite me too. i love that food. looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

ps that was me...
MARLA

Emily said...

I love your hair!