In The Sun and Salty Air
Saturday I went to one of the most beautiful beaches with one of the cutest names. Singing Beach in Manchester by the Sea.
I grabbed my good friend Chen Ying. She's a total beach girl from Malaysia.
And my other good friend Krissy. She's a newly converted beach girl.
And here's me. A beach girl in the making.
Beaches are a little different here in New England. The biggest difference being that they are COLD. I mean really cold, like turn your legs red cold. So, it's a really good thing it was as hot as it was that day otherwise we never would have made it in.
It took us a good long while of jumping up and down and squealing like silly girls every time a wave came, to make it in. Once submerged, our bodies went numb and it was actually kind of nice.
What was really nice though was getting out and warming up in the hot sun. Here Chen Ying demonstrates how to properly cover your face. Something I need to do more of considering the recent freckle invasion. I'm losing the battle!
Going to the beach, particularly Singing Beach, is quickly becoming my favorite thing to do on a hot and sticky day in Boston.
6 comments:
Are you saying there is something wrong with freckles?!?
The pictures are beautiful, but I don't know if I could get over the COLD. I'm with you there, for some reason beach and cold just don't go together!
I love it! You look so, so cute...what a relaxing day!
I love your cute suit. I bet you missed taking me shopping with you to get it. Looks like so much fun. I agree with Ellen, whats wrong with freckles? Love Marmie
Even with the frigid water, what's not to love about a beach right? And I hear ya on the freckles, it's not that I mind them so much as I mind when there is more freckle than face...
Cute swim suit, cute girl, I absolutely love you. You make me smile. G'ma N
Post a Comment