Restaurant Week 2009
Last night I dined with a few friends at Pigalle, an upscale French restaurant in Boston's Theater District. I would normally pull out my camera and take a bunch of pictures of the food, my friends, and the establishment, however this place was a dark romantic type setting and it just didn't feel appropriate. Besides, I bet if I had pulled out my camera our snooty waiter would have kicked me curbside real fast. So, with no pictures attached, here's what I had this year:
To Start:
Moulles with Garlic, Butter, Fines Herbes and Toasted Baguette
Main Course:
Sole with Pearl Barley, Julienne Spinach and Almond-Garlic Purée
Sole with Pearl Barley, Julienne Spinach and Almond-Garlic Purée
Dessert:
Classic Crème Brûlée
Classic Crème Brûlée
(A little park found on my way to the restaurant. It sits in the middle of a busy area and was so, so cute.)
While the food was excellent, the over all experience is one that I don't think I would pay for again. I was a little bugged by our waiter who had an arrogance about him that rubbed me the wrong way. I was told it was probably how he was suppose to act considering it was a French place, but I've been to France and was never treated like that there. Also, it took 2+ hours to get through our 3 course meal. We waited and waited and waited in between courses and I was starving!
2 comments:
The French lady at the train station who pretended NOT to know English was very French-ish! Remember her!? Glad you found a fun place to eat and a super cute garden!
Sounds like good food. Dad and I saw Julie/Julia this weekend and I really liked it....forget the French, we can cook our own (or maybe Dad will :)
Post a Comment