Sunday, September 13, 2009

Minnesota!
(this is long over due)

Yes, I am still alive and yes, I did make it to Minnesota! I went for Labor day weekend and had an absolute blast catching up with my best friend Jana, meeting the rest of her family and discovering beautiful Minnesota.


As soon as I hopped off the plane, Jana rushed me over to the Mall of America where we rode on the rides at Nickelodeon Universe and shopped our hearts out.


Jana had me laughing so hard that I really thought I was going to die. It's one thing I can count on every time I see her. She is the funniest person ever.


We took a short break to have lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. I had never been there and was fascinated by all of the animals and rain storms that accompanied our meal.


Then it was back to the rides and the shopping! This ride was by far the scariest of them all. It was a GIANT skateboard! Jana and I were screaming our hearts out and every time the ride would turn so we could see the other passengers, this little girl would laugh hysterically at us. I think we were the only ones screaming in the entire place. I just don't get it!


After all the shopping and thrill rides we went and picked up these two (below). I hadn't seen Jonathan since Christmas and Justin since he left on his mission almost 2 1/2 years ago. They were on a road trip and just happened to be in Minnesota at the same time as me.


We played games, ate pizza, made smores, went hot tubing and laughed 'till our sides hurt.

(seriously, he wouldn't look normal for any pictures!)



Jana's boyfriend James joined us for the evening as well. He was such a great guy and truly fits with Jana so perfectly.




The next day we went to a sculpture garden where the Minnesota spoon and cherry live (first picture). I didn't know about the spoon and cherry before arriving in Minnesota I'm sad to say but Jana swears it's in text books somewhere.



We came across these awesome flowers in the green house (mom this picture's for you), as well as this hilarious quote on a bench. It says, "After dark it is a relief to see a girl walking toward or behind you then you are much less likely to be assaulted." WHAT!


Honestly, I could live in Minnesota and be very, very happy. It was so beautiful. The picture below is of one of the many lakes there.


For some reason it reminded me of home. I'm sure it had something to do with Jonathan and Justin being there for part of the trip but I think the majority of it had to do with Jana and her family.

(Marla and Jana)

They are the most amazing family and I love them like they're my own. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of them to share. Marla is the only one I captured besides Jana. Next time . . .

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Finally! It was so good to see a pic of Jana. It makes us miss her and talk about her and laugh at the fun person she is. Really hope to see her soon. Thank you for the flower pic. It is my most favorite of all. Love you , Marmie

shellydinger said...

You girls have style! I seriously think you both look so dang cute. I'm glad you finally got to go over there - I hope I hope I hope taht Jana gets to come to Boise!

Marla said...

ha ha!
i love this. super cute post.

it was so fun to have you in MN.

come back soon!

i love the cheesy first one of you and jana...

and the one with marshmellow all over your faces. i know whose idea that was.... ;)

Mandy said...

Ok, I'm with you, I've never heard of the spoon and the cherry. When I saw the picture next to the mall pics I assumed it was part of the rides/fun at the mall. I guess I'm going straight to Google!

Kristin said...

I love all the photos you posted! We miss you and Jana!!!!!

Kristin said...

p.s. I really hope Jana is serious about Christmas....we all are!

Emily said...

Great post. It made me a bit homesick, but I'm glad you had such a wonderful time:) I can't believe Jana only had two shopping bags at the Mall of America . . . that picture must have been taken at the beginning of your time there. Oh, and I'm taking that MN sweatshirt back Jana, bring it with you please. I forgot I didn't even have it.

ej said...

How did I miss this post! It happens all the time with your blog and I don't know why. Okay now it all makes sense how you met up with the boys in MN, I wasn't clear on that little detail before. Looks like so much fun as usual~ I would've had your back on the ride, I'd have screamed like a little girl too ;)

Sandy Kucera said...

Come back soon and often Sarah, we LOVED having you with us.