Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ear Piercing and a Spotted Egg


"If God wanted you to have holes in your ears, he would have put them there." This is what my good friend Liz heard while growing up. She was not allowed to pierce her ears and that was that. So at 27, on her birthday, in the food court at the mall, she made a spontaneous decision . . .

(This girl looks all too happy to punch holes in someones head)


. . . and got her ears pierced!!! Hooray Liz and Happy Birthday! Your Dad can't get too mad . . . not when your ears look so darn cute!





The Spotted Egg

Going to dinner with Chen Ying in China Town is always an adventure and this last time was no exception.


The rules are simple, she orders and I eat.


Most of the time I'm really happy with her choice in food. Like this bun thing (below). They're delicious!


Every now and again though, things are brought out to the table that have me a little confused and just a tad scared. The other night it was The Spotted Egg.

How weird is that!?! Chen Ying assured me it was okay and wouldn't kill me, so I put on my best face and tried a tiny bite. Let's just say it wasn't my finest few seconds and Chen Ying finished the rest. Eggs are just not my thing I guess, especially when they're spotted.

4 comments:

Megan and Erik said...

I love your hair! Its getting so long you just look so cute and happy! That food looks pretty good, I wouldnt be sure about that egg either!

ej said...

The bun thing looks yummy but I'm with you on the spotted egg- not my thing. Fun to have a friend who will teach you about new food...

Emily said...

You look super cute Sarah. I'm jealous. I wish I weren't fat and pregnant. Okay, it's not that bad, but you're looking GOOD my friend. And the food, well I wouldn't have eaten any of it, so you're good for that too:)

Sheila said...

Send me the leftovers!