The Perfect Day...Patriots Day!!!
So out here in Boston they celebrate Patriots Day which is the greatest Holiday ever! It all started with the re-enactment of the first battle of the revolutionary war in Lexington. Kristin and I got up at 4:30 a.m., bundled up, got a steamer and a donut from Starbucks and found ourselves a great spot to watch from. I have to say it was so much fun to watch the guns go off and the actors on the field. I couldn't help but think about Lassiter (Lassie) on Psych (a show on USA, if you haven't seen it... Shame On You!). It cracked me up!
Kristin and I in our puffy coats. Thanks Kenley!
This is where the women and children ran out to help the wounded. The kids were so cute in their costumes !
Next up the Boston Marathon!!!
After Kristin and I took a nap, we jumped in the car with Kenley and Cora and met up with some people from the Arlington ward to watch the runners as they approached heart break hill. We were sitting at mile 19. I have to say, I was truly amazed at how fast they were running, and was shocked at how many older people were participating. It was so fun to cheer everyone on, although next time I'll be loading on the sunscreen. Kristin and I both got a little more sun than we wanted to. The sad thing was that I got burnt on only one half of my face! How does that happen!!!
Look how in step they are!
Recognize these two? They were on Oprah... a truly amazing story!
Mini Mouse even made an appearance!
Here he is...The big Winner! He's won the Boston Marathon 4 times!
And to Finish...Ice Cream!
After the Marathon we headed back to the house for a long nap. When we all felt rested enough we headed out to Kimball's Farm where we met up with our friends from the Arlington ward again for some great ice cream. I honestly couldn't believe how huge the ice cream cones were! The one in the pictures below were kiddie cones!!!
The ice cream was to big for Cora, she had to share.
3 comments:
the runner with the wheelchair - was that a father/son duo? They have made an appearance in boise before if it is the same ones!
looks like fun!
Sarah,
Audrey said you always do so many exciting things. She wants to be just like you! Thank you for inspiring her and being such a great example. She looks up to you more than you know!
Post a Comment