Okay, so I'm a little crazy and I planned a trip a while back to Utah and this Tuesday and Wednesday I took that trip! The trip came about when I realized that Damien Rice was going to be performing at UVSC. I got super excited, called my friend Emily and we bought our tickets. I wasn't even in Utah for a full 24 hours but it was sooooo worth it!
I rented a car and when the guy found out that I was in Utah for a concert he said, "Well, if you're going to a concert you're going to need a Hot car huh?" I agreed and he replied, " How does a Mustang sound?" I think they could see the excitement on my face without me even having to say anything because the girl next to him was like, "Maybe you should purchase that extra insurance...don't have too much fun!" So, I was off and driving in style!
My first stop was to have lunch with my friend Whitney. I hadn't seen her since I lived in Utah so it was super fun to catch up!
Okay, so the concert was amazing! I loved every minute of it and Damien really didn't swear all that much, besides...when he did say the "F" word it came out with more of a "feck" sound then the actual word; he's Irish. (sorry if I just made everyone hear the "F" word in their heads).
Anyway he was really funny and it was almost like I was watching story tellers from VH1 because he would say what the song was about before he sang it and it made you love the song so much more. He had the greatest voice and sounded so amazing! I love the hardcore emotion of his songs and let me tell you, he doesn't hold back! He even did an acoustic of Blowers Daughter which was amazing! He unplugged everything and sang it without the microphone!
We had great seats and even better ones when he came back out for the encore and told everyone to come a little closer. As soon as he said that, Emily and I bounded over the barricade and ran straight to the front!
My one regret is that I didn't bring my camera into the concert. The good thing is that almost half the people there DID so I was able to find a few pictures on the web from the show. The video in the next post I found on You tube so you all could see just how great it was!
Vivian the cello player

Damien Rocking out with his band!
Emily and I were super hungry after the concert so we were definitely thinking Arby's!
Emily had the coolest glasses! I loved them and really wished I wore glasses just so I could buy some awesome green ones! I just had to show you guys!
All in all, a great trip to Utah filled with great music, hot cars and great friends!

2 comments:
Sarah, I physically ache with regret that I couldn't be there. Like, I really feel sick. By the way that color rocks on you! and your hair looks great grown out a bit.
Sarah! I loved your post, I wish I could have gone too! Thanks for all the video link, Kenley and I loved listening. P.S. Great Car!
Post a Comment