A Fall New England Tradition
A little while ago Matt and I decided to take part in the great New England tradition of going apple picking. We got up early, drove out to Stow Massachusetts and were welcomed by a lovely sign at Honey Pot Hill Orchards that said, "Welcome Apple Pickers". It was awesome!
This was my first apple picking experience and we absolutely went to a great place. They had hay rides, animals, apple cider donuts (Matt's favorite), and a cute little store full of produce and other fun things.
The three little pigs were probably my favorite. I couldn't get over how cute the little houses were.
As we headed into the orchards, I had only a few things on my mind. I wanted Cortland apples for making pie and I wanted Golden Delicious apples for making apple sauce. All other apples I was completely clueless about. I'd never heard of pretty much any of the other apples they offered.
Matt is a big apple eater and having done this pick your own thing before he was quick to make sure we could try out each and every kind. We had so much fun going from tree to tree tasting the diffence between all the apples. I had no idea apples could taste so completely different.
Occasionally we would have to climb way up in the trees in order to get the apples. They had the cutest wood ladders that I'll admit were super fun to climb. There was just something about climbing up to pick the apples that made the whole experience 10 times more fun.
Apple picking was such a great experience. It's a fall New England tradition that we'll be looking forward to year after year. Now, on to the apple pies! :)
3 comments:
What great pictures you take Sarah!! This post made me totally miss Minnesota in the fall:)
Those apples look delicious! Tell me how your applesauce turns out!
What a beautiful day. It looks like something out of the movies, everything perfct. Loved the pic. I am anxious to hear about your apple pie. Are you going to freeze apple pie filling? Marmie
Post a Comment