Monday, July 6, 2009

Unexpected Happiness

It's Thursday night, I'm at the airport trying to hold it together after being told that my trip to Minnesota is not going to happen. I was devastated. I was so looking forward to laughing all night with Jana, seeing Minnesota for the first time, getting away from the rainy mess that has become my home and sharing the 4th of July with some of the best people out there, the Kucera Family.

I thought my 4th of July was ruined . . . but boy oh boy was I wrong! The weather was perfect the fireworks were great and the company was superb.

It all started on Thursday night. Matty lifted my spirits by taking me out for Mexican food (my favorite) and to see Up in 3D which I highly recomend.


The following night we ventured out with some friends to watch the dress rehearsal of the 4th of July concert.
(Chen Ying, Me, Emily, Anna, Amy)

The Boston Pops played, Neil Diamond sang, Craig Ferguson cracked some jokes there was a sing a long . . . It was tons of fun.

(Anna and Chen Ying)

They even tested out the confetti machines!


On the 4th Matty and I went out to Marblehead, MA. We packed ourselves a great picnic in one of the coolest picnic baskets I have ever seen and had lunch on the beach.



After lunch we played in the water, did a little hat shopping and looked at some local art. Marblehead was having some kind of local arts festival along with a little kids sand castle building competition and kite flying. It was so fun to people watch and discover a new place.



On our way back to Boston, we drove around Nahant. It was absolutely beautiful!


That night we met up with some of our friends by the Charles river to watch the fireworks. We were sitting under the speakers, right across from the barge where the fireworks are shot off. We had the perfect spot thanks to Lumina and Rene.
We got ourselves some BBQ, played some games, danced to Neil Diamond (who I think is a little weird by the way), sang patriotic songs and watched an amazing fireworks show.

(Lumina and Rene)


Even though I wasn't able to spend my 4th in Minnesota, it turned out to be one of the best weekends thanks to Boston and the great people in my life.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

8 comments:

shellydinger said...

I'm so glad that your weekend worked out. You have such an awesome collection of pictures, it makes your life look so glamorous!

Mandy said...

Looks like sooo much fun, thanks for making us a part of it!!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you think Neil is werid? I'm thinking your not thinking right in the head. But really it looks like you had a great weekend. Marmie

Dan and Emily Allen said...

Sarah, I love the pictures you take! Someday you'll go to Minnesota, and it'll be fantastic:)

ej said...

That looks like it turned out to be an awesome weekend! Sometimes things actually work out for the better even. Okay, finally proof. You and Amy Buell know each other after all. She and I have been friends since middle school- I wondered if you two knew each other :) fun fun.

rachel garber said...

you and matt look so happy, which is kinda cute I have to admit :)

Erick and Megan said...

Oh that was happy! I kept waiting for the part where he asked you to marry him under the fireworks next to the coolest picnic basket by the perfect spot on the river!

Audrey said...

Aw sounds like your 4th of July was FANTASTIC! I love UP! It's super good! That is the most confetti I've ever seen in one place... :) Can't wait till you come and visit again!
~Rosie