Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Time Fun

Boston has been wet and cold this summer, so on the good days I try to get out and do as much as I possibly can. Here's just a few of the fun things I've been up to lately.



Outdoor movies at the Hatch Shell. This particular night we watched Kung Fu Panda. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. I laughed and laughed.


Backyard Barbeque's! Chen Ying's landlord lets her use his beautiful back yard. It comes with lots of shade, a huge grill, a nice sitting area and a pool. Backyards like this are rare in the Cambridge area so it's a real treat to be able to use this one!



Just look at all that food!



Here was my contribution. It was the easiest thing I've ever put together and it got tons of compliments! It's cool whip, strawberries, blueberries and an angel food cake. So Simple!





Enjoying a nice hot day with good friends, good food and an awesome backyard . . . priceless!



I also attended the Revere Beach Sand Sculpture Competition again this year. The weather was perfect for it. We went in the evening, took in the sculptures, ate some fried dough and watched the fireworks show.

This one was probably my favorite. The birds are overtaking his whole body. A little disturbing but still very cool.

Here's the winner! (below) It was by far the most impressive.


Boston really is a great place in the summer! There are always things to do as long as the weather stays good. So, pray for good weather so I can keep playing outside!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing sand sculptures. What a fun day. You cake does look great, I think I might even try it. Marmie

ej said...

I have always wanted to go see a bunch of sand sculptures in person, so cool!