It's 2003, and my best friend Jana and I are driving back to Rexburg from a long weekend in Boise. I hated Rexburd at the time and was very, very upset at having to return. Just as I am about to bust out crying (I'm pathetic I know) Jana whips out this crazy new cd and tells me to have a listen. She assures me that they are really good and turns on the song Trani. As the unique sound erupted from the speakers (I like my music really loud), we both busted up laughing so hard that I worried for the other drivers on the road. These boys sounded like they were seriously tripping on something, and had tipped the bottle back one too many times. We laughed and laughed the whole way home and my love for Kings of Leon was born.
When the Kings third cd came out, I was living in Boise, working for my Dad and doing a lot of soul searching. (Okay lets face it, I was an unhappy girl trying to figure things out.) Again, their music came along, lifted my spirits, inspired me to buy my awesome rock star sunglasses and made me very, very happy. Every time I heard the song Charmer, I couldn't help but laugh!
(I attached the video at the bottom. . . take a listen and you'll see why I was laughing)
So, you can only imagine how excited I was on Wednesday night as I headed out to see my favorite band live here in Boston with my friend Liz. Having been to their show about 3 years ago (when their second cd came out) in Utah, I knew just how awesome they were live.
The boys didn't disappoint as they rocked out and sang their little hearts out. One of them even played the guitar with his teeth at one point. They were such great performers and have such great sound that Liz and I couldn't help but dance and sing along.
I was having such a good time that I didn't even let the 50 year old, totally plastered guy next to me ruin my show. He showed up with his friends and was bound and determined to pick up some young girl. After yelling at him "scoot back over (he was crowding us so bad that Liz was practically in the isle) and don't touch me!", he got the hint and left apologizing. After the show was over his friend tried to tease me by saying that I had scared his friend off. I shrugged my shoulders and walked away. What kind of loser, 50 year old guys go to concerts actually thinking younger girls will want them? People amaze me!
The crowed in general were really great though. There were some songs where you could hardly hear the band over the crowd which has to feel good if you're the performer. There's just something about getting a bunch of people in one place to sing and dance and enjoy music together. I love it!
After the show, Liz and I went outside to take a picture of my outfit for mom to see. (I just bought skinny jeans for the first time and wanted to show her) As I am posing for the shot I suddenly find myself in a bear hug from a complete stranger! A fellow Kings of Leon fan and his buddy decided to jump in my picture and make my night a little more exciting. It's all about the love here in Boston . . . or maybe it was the beer.
Song: Use somebody) ( sorry the video part isn't better)
(me rocking my skinny jeans and vest for the show, we moved the picture up the street so I wouldn't be attacked again)
This is the Charmer video . . . for you Kaitlin!
6 comments:
haha thanks Sarah! i so needed that! i forget how much i ... love... the kings of leon. :P
Hey... those guys are kinda cute! ;-)
What fun Sarah,you look so cute in your skinny jeans. I also agree with Erin, those guys are kind of
cute and look like fun. Love Marmie
Your hair is getting long. How re you liking it?
OK, I just watched the viedo of Charmer. I think little singer boy screams like a girl. What must his mother think. Marmie
sarah you are just so dang cute! i miss ya girly! how are you?! are you coming to visit idaho anytime soon?! we should do something! i'm so jealous of you and all of the fnu things you are doing! :) you're so stinkin gorgeous! :)
Gosh you get to see so much there. How fun! Hey I wanted to just tell you Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Post a Comment