Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Swell Season

This is me Happy! And why am I so Happy? Well . . .

. . . because of these two!


Last Friday I got a call at 7:30p.m. from my awesome friend Liz who had an extra ticket to go to their show. I love, love, loved their movie, Once and can't get enough of their music. I was so excited! I ran as fast as I could to the T station jumped on the train, switched to another train and about 40 minutes later found myself sitting in the arena enjoying one of the most powerful kinds of music, raw emotional folk! If you don't know their music, go check out the soundtrack to Once. I am positive you will love it!



The day was pretty hectic, so when I got home at 1:00a.m. and realized I hadn't eaten anything since 12:00 p.m. I decided to order some pizza. My roommate and I were up until 2:00 a.m. packing for our big camping adventure (see next post).



I love how into the music he gets! It reminds me a lot of Damien Rice. Oh, and one of the greatest parts of the concert was when they brought a guy up on stage who they saw singing for money out on the street. The guy was so good and was absolutely thrilled to be playing for such a large crowd.


3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Do you want to switch lives for a little while? By the way that shirt is gorgeous!

rachel garber said...

*bang*

That is me shooting you. Rude. I love them.

Megan and Erik said...

You are so adventurous. Maybe I am just from Idaho and running to the train all by myself would freak me out but it would be motivating to have a free ticket to an awesome show. That pizza is making me hungry haha. Miss ya girl..how are you?