Saturday, June 21, 2008

ONE CRAZY WEEK


This is what I look like today. Alive. . . Yes. I wasn't sure it was possible after the full and crazy week I just survived. Not that it was a bad week. It was just a very full week. I was running from place to place every day and really was only home Thursday evening. I am sleep deprived and at the moment hungry but last week was worth it. Let me just walk you through a crazy week in the life of Sarah.



Last Saturday

Last Saturday I got up early and went to Hay market with Kristin to get some strawberries. We loaded up 16 pounds and headed back to her place to make strawberry jam. I was super excited to learn how and was surprised how quick it went. We seriously over estimated how many strawberries we needed and ended up with a lot left over. It was strawberry short cake and strawberry bread all week long! We made the jam so quickly that we even had time to stop by a huge garage sale at an elementary school where we picked up some books and toys for Cora. We played Rock Band (Kenley got it for Father's Day), watched Transformers and ate some amazing burgers. It was a fun and full Saturday!


Cora got in a great nap and woke up with this killer hair due! She had us all laughing. Next it was out side to play with her new toy. It wasn't made to hold water, but she insisted on getting in.


Cora loved all the Strawberries!


We all had a GREAT Saturday but I think Kristin expresses greatly just how we all felt after the day was over. We were in need of some serious sleep.


Tuesday

As you all know, The Celtics beat out the Lakers on Tuesday! It was so much fun to watch the game with friends at a big ice cream party. I ended up leaving early because the game was such a blow out. I was super excited though and loved that they took out the Lakers with out having to go to game 7. I don't know that I could have done another late night game. (sorry, no pictures)

Wednesday

I went to an awesome Matt Wertz concert on Wednesday. I really didn't know who he was when I went, but after seeing the show, I can now say I am a big fan. His music is along the lines of Colby Collet and Jack Johnson and he was actually just signed to the same label as them. The venue was tiny. I am not even kidding when I say it was like sitting/standing in someones living room to watch the show. I was right in front of him the whole time and actually felt bad because I was probably the only one there who didn't know every word to every song and the singer could see me the whole time. I didn't care enough to move though. I've attached a video of his performance at a Borders a while ago. Take a listen, I swear you wont regret it.






Friday

Friday after work I went with a bunch of friends and Kristin to see Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls perform with the Boston Pops. We had no idea who the Dresden Dolls were when we went so we had no idea what kind of a show we were in for. There were all kinds of crazy people there, mostly dressed up goths, but it made people watching super fun. There was one guy who had a huge white Mohawk with a black hat on one side and his face was completely painted. Once the show started, we found ourselves pleasantly surprised. Amanda Palmer was so entertaining. We laughed the whole show. Her entrance was so much fun. I was so excited when someone had recorded it so you could all see.



Amanda's big entrance





Here's another song if you feel like listening. It really shows off just how cool music becomes with the accompaniment of the Boston Pops.




Saturday
It was another strawberry Saturday for us as we went to the Wilson's Farm strawberry festival. Kristin, Kenley, Cora and I had a blast eating strawberries, looking at all the delicious produce and taking a hayride of the farm.  


There were plenty of samples, which are always welcome.  


At first Cora was not having it but after the tractor started going she was all smiles.  


Sunday
After church on Sunday I went to a diner group with some people from my ward.  We had ourselves a little BBQ and went for a walk in the Fells.  It was absolutely gorgeous! 

This was the view from the top point of our walk.  

All in all, a GREAT week!  I am so looking forward to a good nights sleep and what next week has in store for me. (sorry this turned into another marathon post!) 

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I love all the pictures! I am so glad you had your camera. It was one wild week and I am glad it is over too. On to next week! Thanks again for the invite to the concert, it was such a great time!