Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Canoeing the Concord

Last Saturday I went with some friends in the ward to Canoe the Concord River. We canoed down the river to the Minuteman park, got out for a little history lesson about the battle, canoed back up the river and finished the afternoon off with some Kimball's ice cream and a pedicure.

Look, I'm actually almost the shortest person there . . . that never happens!

It was absolutely beautiful and I loved all of the cool bridges that we passed under.

Starting out I got to sit in the middle and enjoy the ride while my canoe mates rowed along. It was fantastic, a little hot but relaxing!

This is another cool bridge at the Minuteman park, where the shots were heard around the world.

These are my Canoe mates, Emily and Claire. As you can see, we put our life vests to good use!


As I said before, we finished up our day with the greatest ice cream ever. . .

. . . and a pedicure. It was my first time! Yes, I was wearing flip flops and yes I did get a little burnt. It was really sad, the tops of my feet, tops of my knees and tops of my arm were the only things that got burnt. I borrowed Emily's organic sun screen for those areas and it didn't work at all. No more organic crap for me . . . give me the chemicals any day!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

AMEN! Nothing hurts worse than sunburned feet. OUCH! Wish I could get my hands on that ice cream! Mmmmm...

Kristin said...

I still want to go out and do this sometime! You made me so jealous that you went to Kimball's with out me!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I love your blog..it is so you. I'm glad you got the air conditioner, nothing worse. I have enjoyed ALL of your pictures, the parade was fun too. Keep happy!!
G'ma N