Shout Out to Hailey
Boston has been so HOT the last few days. It all started on Saturday when temperatures got into the mid 90s and it hasn't begun to cool down until today. It's suppose to be something like 80 degrees. The reporter on the news two days ago did an entire piece on how humidity effects the bodies cooling system. Pretty much . . . your cooling system doesn't work when humidity is present. So, on those days when it is 98 degrees . . . it really feels like it is 100+ degrees!
So, what is a girl who is living in a non-air conditioned house to do? Look at her sisters blog and take notes from her niece about how to wear her hair...Duh! I will admit I felt pretty funny walking around the house with my hair styled like my 1 year old niece, but it was far better than having my hair stick to my neck and it did offer a little relief. Thanks Hailey!
(I only had that sweatshirt on for .5 seconds while I took the picture!)
On Monday, I enlisted the help of Kenley and went on a search for a window air conditioner. It was an extremely long night. We stopped at Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, Costco, and Circuit City. Every store was completely wiped out of air conditioners. Finally, at 9:30 pm we found one at Sears! I swear, it was the best purchase I have ever made!
6 comments:
Woohoo! I vote pigtails anyway, they are super cute. I hear you on the heat - there has got to be some relief soon!
I can't believe you got your hair in pigtails! Are you growing it out? Sorry you are so miserable. We are still in 70 degrees and praying for 90 so we can go to the lake! The grass is always greener...
Sarah to totally crack me up! Our neighbor's said they were going to try and tough out the heat without a/c (they are new to town). When we laughed they went out and bought a unit the next day. Anything is better than the humidity! I love your hair! I am getting mine cute today....I just can't take another heat wave with it long!
I think the pigtails are cute at just about any age- and when they serve a function too? what more could you ask for. I hear ya on the ridiculous humidity, UGHHH!! But I feel guilty now thinking of you all in your un A/C'd apt! What a nice boy Kenley is to help you get access to some cooler air. There is always a cool bath I guess...hang in there!
What an adventure that was!
Nuff said. :-)
Hey girl, I am so happy you found my blog. I love to see everyones blogs they are all so cute. You gave me quite a laugh, I always loved how fun you were and still are. LOL taking advice for your little niece that is too funny. I am glad you found some relief. You are so cute. Anyway write me back and tell me how you are doing. I havent talked to you in forever. I need some down low
Post a Comment