Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!




It was 12:00pm on Thursday when Judy came flying around the corner. "Pack up your things, he said we can go!"

Judy, Barbra and I had been anxiously waiting to hear those words all morning. We didn't want to work on New Year Eve and we were dying to check out the ice sculptures put up around town for the First Night celebration.


They did not disappoint.



After a much needed nap and a fantastic lunch with friends in China Town Matty came over to ring in the new year. We played games, ate donuts, drank hot chocolate and watched those crazy people standing out in freezing cold New York.


It was a great way to celebrate the new year.


2010, ready or not here we come!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

You always have the greatest pictures! I'm glad your day was relaxing and enjoyable.

ej said...

Yay for getting out of work early! There is always something fun going on it seems, ice sculptures would be cool... ha! I just made a pun w/o even trying. 2010 is gonna be a good one :)

Anonymous said...

Great pic. LOve the snow. Glad you could ring in the New Year in a memorable way. Marmie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah Marie, I am looking forward to reading about you this year. You always bring a smile. I know time is always short when your home, but it was good to see you and meet Matt. G'ma N