A few weeks ago, I packed up my things and drove out to once again attended our big ward camp out. It was too cold for canoes, archery was missing, and the absence of my dear friend and old roommate Juliet was tragic. Despite all that though I still had a great time.
Oh, I also got to use my new camping gear. I got a camping lantern from Kristin and Kenley that hung from the top of the tent. It was fantastic! I honestly don't know how I ever camped without it. I was also finally able to use the sleeping bag Kenley grabbed for me at the REI garage sale. It's a -20 degree mummy bag and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't cold at all! Okay, maybe my nose got a little cold but that thing cinched up around my face so well that it was warm again in no time. I may look a little funny in there but I was comfy!
Now, on to the concerts. For a long, long time I have had a list accumulating in my head of bands I want to see before I die (or they die). A few weeks ago I was able to cross yet another one off that list. U2!!!
It was such a pain and I almost didn't even go because of all the hassle. Let me just summarize what happened prior to the show.
30 second Summary: I heard they were coming, got excited and bought pretty good seats for the Sunday show. The band then announced a Monday show. The concert was coming up fast and I still had Sunday night tickets. I put the tickets on Craigs list to either sell them or trade someone for Monday. I had a lot of almost sells which was frustrating. The day before I was suppose to go to the concert someone called who had similar seats to mine for the Monday show. Hurray! We traded. Then our luck really kicked in. We drove out to Gillette Stadium, took a back way and parked in someones yard for $20 (you have to pay $40 in the parking lot at the stadium). After the show was over we zipped right out of there and I was home in an hour. People who parked in the lot didn't get home until 2 or 3 in the morning!
After all of the hassle though, the concert was amazing. Snow Patrol opened for them which made it THAT much better. If you don't know who they are, check them out. Now.
U2 put on a great show and had one of the most amazing stages I've ever seen. It was all spaceship themed (kind of weird), had a huge screen that went around the entire thing so you could see them, and had lights shooting out in all directions. They played all my favorite songs and the sound was great. At one point in the show Bono grabbed a girl from the audience and made her carry him across the stage. He's a complete weirdo but he sure knows how to entertain.
(It looks like we're really far away, but it really was a great place to be sitting. We could see everything perfectly)
Last but certainly not least, BRANDI CARLILE! (not Belinda Carlile . . . mom) :)

I cannot even tell you how much I love, love, love Brandi Carlile! I've seen her live 3 times now and I'm amazed by her every time. When I lived in Boise, I would jump in the car quite frequently and go for really long drives, blaring her music and singing my heart out. Seeing her in concert this time took me back to those days and really made me miss it.
She's one of my all time favorite artists. If you've never heard of her, stop what you're doing now and go check her out. You wont regret it.
p.s. Her new cd came out on Tuesday and I'm in Heaven listening to it.
3 comments:
Love Snow Patrol, not Bono - sorry. However, did they play 'In the Name of Love?' because I like that one :) Brandi - you and I have loved her since day one, although you win because I didn't even know she new new music out. Ooops.
I want her new album! I loved seeing her in concert with you. I miss going to concerts with you! I am glad you had a blast at U2....looks like it was an amazing show!
You have such an exciting life, I love to read about all your adventures. Lately mine have been very "NOT FUN". Last night I tried to start my lawnmower and/or the weedeater, yes notice the word tried. I still don't have much energy back from after surgery, so after I failed I decided to go in and have cake. I guess it all worked out in the end!! :-)
Post a Comment