Monday, May 4, 2009

The Life of a Little Girl

Often times when I'm bored I tend to revert back to my little girl days. I'll turn up the music really, really loud and dance around in front of my mirror, play dress up with makeup and crazy clothes, or pull out my colored pencils and draw silly things on my drawing pad.

Last Saturday I got a little into the dressing up and made a permanent change. . . I cut me some B A N G S !



I'm not really sure what I was thinking. I just kept cutting and cutting and cutting. I didn't even look to make sure it was cut evenly or straight. I was really grateful for technology (my date was coming in 20 minutes) so I could text my mom and sisters to make sure I looked okay.

I wore them straight across that night but haven't worn them that way since. It's weird to look in the mirror and see bangs like that. One day I'll be brave again . . . baby steps right?


On another note, Kristin and Kenley went to the Yanni concert on Sunday which means I got to play with this darling little girl and her sister. As Kristin and Kenley were leaving, they told Cora that it was their turn to go on a date which didn't make her very happy. She started to tell them that she wanted to go on a play date too. When I told Cora that she had a play date . . . with me, she threw her arms in the air and yelled Hooray a play date!!! I love this crazy girl!


4 comments:

shellydinger said...

What? I think they look AWESOME straight across and full. I'm sending you some links to give you courage!

rachel garber said...

I think they are fun - wear them proudly!

ej said...

Girl, you can work those bangs straight across!

Mandy said...

I wish I had straight hair so I could have bangs like those! I'm VERY jealous, enjoy them!