A Slice of Cake...Yes Please!
Earthfest is a free music festival put on by Wholefoods and a local radio station to promote a greener lifestyle. Cake was the big performer of the day, so Anna, Liz and I decided we had better go check it out.
The Hatch Shell, where there bands perform, is right next to
the Charles River. It was the perfect location! I loved seeing all the sail boats and all of the people out enjoying the weather.
We had such a great spot and could see Cake perfectly. They were so funny and sounded amazing. I loved every minute of it and knew every song they played!
There were so many people there that little kids were climbing in the trees just to see the show.
I have to say, the funniest part of the whole concert was when the lead singer pulled out a piece of paper, laid it on the table next to him and would periodically look over at it for the lyrics to a song. It was a new song that I had never heard. I died laughing. Way to keep it real John McCrea!
Look how many people are back behind us. Now imagine that across an entire park! It was amazing!
After the concert was over, Liz, Anna and I decided to sit on one of the docks to finish eating the picnic that we had packed. While we were sitting there I kept thinking to myself, "wouldn't that be great if the band just walked onto the dock?" Next thing I knew, John McCrea, the lead singer, was standing across the dock from me!
I jumped up, camera in hand and approached him. I didn't know his name at the time, so I walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He was so cool and extremely nice. He sat there and talked to us for a good 5 - 10 minutes which I was completely impressed by. I don't have a picture of the event because he asked that we not take a picture with him. He said that he was off work which I completely understood. I mean I'm a little bummed that I don't have a picture to document the moment but, what can ya do?
All I can say is that if any of you ever have the opportunity to see cake perform, you most definitely should. The music is great and the lead singer is a genuinely nice person.
By the way, I'm not sure why two of the videos don't have a picture on them. Click on them anyway, they still work! Enjoy the tunes and sorry about the shaking.
3 comments:
So cool! I am glad you had such a great time and beautiful weather!
You are crazy! Ryan would have died with that many people around him at the same time! Too fun!
I loved it! I wished I could have been there. Old as I am.
Post a Comment