Dinner thanks to Pioneer Woman
Okay, so I've heard Kristin and Shelly talk about this Pioneer Woman before but for some reason I never went on to check her out myself...until now. The other day I was looking at my friend Ellen's blog and she had a link to the Pioneer Woman's cooking website. I started to look around and it all looked so good and so easy that I thought I would give it a try. I also laughed the whole way through. That Pioneer Woman is hilarious!
So first up... grocery shopping. I jumped in Kristin and Kenley's car, even though I hadn't driven in about a week, and was fairly confident that I could get myself to the grocery store and back safe.
So first up... grocery shopping. I jumped in Kristin and Kenley's car, even though I hadn't driven in about a week, and was fairly confident that I could get myself to the grocery store and back safe.
(Look what I found! Who knew you could buy half sticks of butter!)


First I had to stop for some gas though which was such a funny experience because everything here is full service, meaning I sit in my car and don't do anything while a nice guy pumps my gas. Only problem was that I didn't check which side of the car my gas tank was on. So, when I pulled up I opened my door just to make sure I was on the right side and the guy started freaking out because he thought I was going to try and use the pump myself. We got it all figured out and I just have to say, I love not having to get out of my car! How lazy am I!
Okay, so groceries in hand I returned home to start cooking. I went in the kitchen, set out my lap top on the kitchen table (there are tutorial pictures of how to do everything), Turned on my music, set out everything I needed and began.
Okay, so groceries in hand I returned home to start cooking. I went in the kitchen, set out my lap top on the kitchen table (there are tutorial pictures of how to do everything), Turned on my music, set out everything I needed and began.
(One of the greatest inventions of all time...I give you the apple slicer)
I was in the kitchen for quite a while (mostly because I took my sweet time) cutting, stirring, boiling water, pouring, simmering, tossing, baking, washing and a little singing and dancing may have been in there somewhere as well.
After I finished, I sat down to a few episodes of Psych and just relaxed the rest of the evening. It was one of the best ways to spend my Saturday night if I do say so myself. And I have to say, I really do enjoy cooking! I had so much fun and in the end had one of the best diners I have ever cooked.
After I finished, I sat down to a few episodes of Psych and just relaxed the rest of the evening. It was one of the best ways to spend my Saturday night if I do say so myself. And I have to say, I really do enjoy cooking! I had so much fun and in the end had one of the best diners I have ever cooked.
Penne a la Betsy

Apple Dumplings
5 comments:
That looks sooo good! You'll have to make me some sometime! Psych, very good pick! Sounds like a time that would definitely be rememberable! Keep posting!
sarah - i have bought half sticks of butter my entire life. sometimes you just make me shake my head . . .
Rememberable? That's cute. So who is this Pioneer Woman and how do I find her recipes? Mine HAVE to have pictures. I'm sure I will NEVER enjoy cooking like you but it looks fantastic!
Sorry I'm just learning how to do the whole link thing in the text. You should be able to click on the name now and have it take you to her site.
The apple dumplings were worth their weight in gold! I believe we went through two batches and I still have cravings!
Post a Comment