Thursday, February 8, 2007

Banff Film Festival


The Banff Film Festival is a film festival sponsored by National Geographic and other outdoor sporting people. It is a film festival centered on extreme out door sports, world travel and culture. I had never heard of it before but after talking with my brother in law Kenley about how much he loved it I decided that I better go.

So, my mom and I went last night and had such a great time! We were amazed by all the films, especially the climbing film First Ascent which followed a man from Switzerland as he tried to be the first to climb the worlds hardest traditional climb, Cobra Crack. It was so great! The picture at the top is of Didier Berthod, the guy who the film follows. There is also another guy in the film who is trying to be the first to successfully climb Cobra Crack named Sonnie Trotter. It was so funny because they called him Canada's Crack Master (ha, ha, ha)!

There were films about all kinds of things from kayaking to base jumping to mountain biking and the list goes on. It was so fun to watch and really makes me want to go on a big time adventure! You should all check it out and see if it's coming somewhere near you...you don't want to miss it.




2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Your pictures are great! Was it at the Egyptian? First Karate....next extreme climbing?

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We wish we could have been there too!