Last Sunday I raced with the Stat Dragons from South Cove Medical Centers in my first ever Dragon Boat race.
(Can you find me? Look really hard!)
Teams come in to Boston from all over the place and get pretty serious about it. I snapped a picture of this team, practicing on the lawn. WHAT!
We raced a total of 4 times, so between races we killed time by napping, playing cards and my favorite, forming back massage lines.
We did really well all day as far as the race goes. We made it into the finals for our division and really kicked some trash. Going into our last race, we were pretty sure we didn't stand a chance. Our best race time for the day was 2 minutes 52 seconds while the teams we were up against had times of about 2 minutes 45 seconds. However, when it came time to race, we gave it our all and blew the competition out of the water, beating them by 4 seconds.
Below is a video someone took of that last race. We are the boat on the far left. I'm sitting in the back on the right side of the boat. You can actually see me for a second at the very end of the video.
If you are wondering why we don't look excited at the end, it's because we didn't know we won. We were so focused on rowing that we didn't realize we won until we were out of the boats and on dry ground.
I had such a blast and can't wait to do it again next year!
4 comments:
That is so awesome! Your life just seems like one adventure after another. Did you qualify to go to New York? (how are your bruised hands?)
That looks so neat. I had no idea you were so multi-talented at such things!
Good for you Sarah. You make my day! G'ma N
You are doing some seriously exciting things! I love to see what you are up to!
Post a Comment