Ice Skating at Frog Pond
A few friends and I met at Frog Pond last weekend to do a little skating.
We all shared the same dream as little girls of wanting to grow up to be Olympic Gold skaters, gliding and spinning across the ice ever so gracefully as people in the crowd cheered and clapped.
Then we grew up and realized that it's probably more fun to pretend like your an Olympic skater, stumbling and falling as you practice your not so graceful spins and poses to the sound of laughing onlookers.
We had a fantastic time and I was glad to learn that I am much better on ice skates than roller skates. No need to hold back tears this time around!
When our feet and ankles had had enough, a few of us walked down to see the tree in Faneuil Hall. I work right around the corner but had not yet seen it lit up. It was breathtaking!
(sorry about the blurry photos)
It was a great way to spend a Friday night. If you have an ice skating rink close by, I suggest you get out and take advantage of it before the season's over.
2 comments:
how are you surviving the ice storm?
It looks like so much fun. Thanks for the pic. Marmie
Post a Comment