Monday, July 21, 2008

LAST TWO WEEKENDS IN REVIEW

Two weekends ago I got invited to go to Nantucket. It was such a beautiful day and the town was so cute. We met the funniest and most interesting people and had an all around great time.


There were gorgeous flowers all over the place. These were some of my favorite.



Our first goal when we got off the boat was to find some great Sea food. We asked a local, thinking he would just point us in the direction of a good place. We were shocked when he stopped everything, jumped up and started to literally show us to the place. We walked and walked and walked some more. Every time we would ask him how much further, he would tell us "20 more steps, trust me," and then he would go on telling us some crazy story. It made us all a little nervous when we kept getting further from all the other tourists and began heading into a residential area. This guy pulled through for us though when we finally ended up at a great little seafood market.

(Here we are following our crazy friend)


We couldn't help but grab a Nantucket Nectar while we were there. Pineapple Orange Guava is my favorite. If you haven't tried this kind, you are seriously missing out.


This is what we saw all day!


After wandering around a little, it was off to the lighthouse. The only problem was, we didn't have a car and the bus ran so infrequently that we wouldn't have near enough time once we got there. So, we found ourselves a good looking taxi driver named Ogie from Bulgaria to take us. He was so funny and had us all laughing the whole time. He would even stop the car, hold out his hand and make everyone else stop so that we could take pictures out the windows.


The Lighthouse




While at the lighthouse, I showed the girls how to take supermodel pictures. (You turn your face away and on the count of three you turn your head back and snap a picture) Alicia was a pro and came out with some of the best pictures ever!



We traveled back on the local bus where we met some more interesting folks. One guy told us about how he sold his 11,000 sq foot lot for 4 million dollars. It was insane.


Can you imagine how much this beautiful place would go for!

After a little more shopping and some delicious ice cream we jumped back on the boat and headed back to the cape. It was such a great day. We laughed the whole time and really had so much fun.

(Thanks Ellen and Misty for sharing your pictures)


Last weekend

Last weekend Kristin, Kenley, Cora and I went to the beach to go swimming, and to checkout the big sand sculpture competition. The water was so cold that day, but it didn't stop us from jumping in. Even Kristin, who has a fear of water, braved it and got in. I didn't end up taking any pictures of the water or the beach, but I did get some good shots of the sand sculptures, which were amazing! Take a look at some of my favorites.


Now, a little closer



4 comments:

rachel garber said...

Those flowers on the top your post are all over Washington. My grandma has a bush in her front yard and for years (when I was little), I was convinced they would be my wedding bouquet :)

shellydinger said...

I second the flowers! They have a HUGE one outside the church that is a million different colors. Nantucket looks like a place I need to go! (and I love that you took a pic of your driver.)

Sarah said...

I actually can't claim the picture of the driver, Misty took that one. I was glad she did though.

ej said...

You have such a fun and exciting life, I swear! And I love the sand sculptures- I have always been fascinated by them. So cool...