So, after a few months of preparation, stress and some serious thinking...I packed up my lovely apartment in Meridian and headed out to Boston. I have to say, it was harder than I thought it would be to leave.
Most of you already know but I stopped off in Pittsburgh on my way to Boston and had a blast with Shelly, James and Hailey. It was a great mini vacation in a really crazy place. I am here to confirm that Pittsburgh does have a million boarded up houses and pot holes in the streets and there are some grocery stores that you do not go to at night. However, the graffiti was always fun to look at as were the boarded up houses, that museums were So fun, the city was beautiful from up high, the Strip (like one big farmers market but better) was fantastic and the grave yard was unreal!!! I will post soon with pictures from that trip. In the mean time though I wanted to let you all know that I got to Boston and I am doing great!
The day I got in Kristin and Kenley had a little welcoming party for me which was such a fun surprise. Kristin had decorated the house, which Cora loved, and Kenley and Kristin got me a little welcome to Boston package with all the essentials for living here in Boston (hand sanitizer, an umbrella, a Boston magazine, wet ones wipes etc.)
Kristin and Kenley were here with me for a few days and then ventured off to Utah for a little vacation. They showed me around a little and left me their car which I was so grateful for. So, I have been learning the "T" and the bus system, driving a little, and I have met the greatest people.
For those of you who don't believe that I am in fact driving out here...I attached the following picture. It really isn't as scary as I thought it would be. I know how to get most places that I would need to and I even drove to the airport and back. I haven't even been honked at yet!
Okay, now before you start thinking that I am a pro out here... here is a funny little story to assure you that I am not. I have to take a bus for about 20 minutes and then I have to walk for about 10 in order to get to church. After getting directions from my friend Ellen, I felt pretty good about it and being able to find it. We had a pretty good snow storm over the weekend but they keep things pretty cleared off out here, so I figured the sidewalks would be cleared and it would be okay to wear heels. Boy was I wrong! I walked out to the bus stop where there were heaping piles of snow built up right were I needed to step to get on the bus (see below). When I got on the bus and had to step into that the bus driver just sat there and laughed at me. I can't say that I blame him, everyone around me had on snow boots and here I was in tights and high heels!
3 comments:
Sounds like you are getting used to life in Boston! Welcome!!!
Congrats! You made it to the East! The heels story is pretty funny- looks like you need to invest in some boots, knowing you, you will find the coolest, most stylish ones :) Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!!!!
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Oh...Sarah! I can just (hee, hee, hee) imagine you in the middle of (ha, ha, ha, ha) Boston trying to find your way (hee, hee, hee,) around the snow-covered streets (ha, ha, ha) in your heels. You crack me up! (Hee, hee....)
Post a Comment